Skip to content


Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us (310) 540-8506

1.) What documents do I need for my accountant to prepare my tax returns?

Individual Income Tax Return Preparation       

  • Prior Year Filed Tax Return
  • Form W-2 from each Employer
  • Form W-2G for Gambling winnings
  • Form 1099-R for Retirement Income
  • Form 1099-INT for Interest Income
  • Form 1099-DIV for Miscellaneous Income
  • Form 1099-G for Payments from the Government
  • Form 1099-SA for HSA or MSA Distributions
  • Form 1099-B for Broker Statements
  • Form SSA-1099 for Social Security Benefits
  • Schedule K-1 from S corporations, LLCs, and Partnerships
  • Form 1098 for Mortgage Interest
  • Form 1098-T For Tuition Payments
  • Form 1095 A, B, or C for Proof of Health Coverage
  • Unreimbursed Mileage related to work or volunteering
  • Charitable Contributions
  • Retirement Contributions
  • Health Related Expenses
  • Self Employment Business Income and Expenses (Annual Figures)
  • Home Office Expenses (square foot of home office, square foot of home, and related expenses)
  • Rental Address, Income, and Expenses (Annual Figures)
  • Tuition Expenses
  • Retirement Account Roll-overs
  • Childcare & Dependent care expenses and legal information of dependents and provider
  • Bank Account Name, Account Number, and Routing Number for Account for Refund/Balance

Business Income Tax Return Preparation

  • Prior Year Filed Tax Return
  • Annual Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet (Template)
  • Number of W-2s Issued
  • Compensation of each Officer (W-2)
  • Fixed Assets purchased during year (Machinery, Buildings, Vehicles)
  • Special Allocation of Debt and Equity of Owners (if applicable)
  • Bank Account Name, Account Number, and Routing Number for Account for Refund/Balance

2.) What are your fees?

We generally offer free initial in person or phone consultations to evaluate prospective and existing clients’ needs. We have fixed pricing for tax return preparation, bookkeeping, and other accounting services which is determined once we are provided the requested and necessary information and is generally based on the amount of work involved. We don’t charge any fees to review tax returns or financial documents in relation to preparing a quote.

3.) What are the tax deadlines?

For individuals, trusts, estates, single member LLCs, and C corporations, the deadline to file the income tax return is April 15th without an extension and October 15th with an extension. For partnerships, LLCs with multiple members, or S Corporations, the deadline is March 15th without an extension and September 15th with an extension. Nonprofit Organizations are due on May 15th without an extension and November 15th with an extension.

For individuals and C Corporations tax Estimates are due on April 15th for January – March, June 15th for April - May, September 15th for June to August, and January 15th for September to December.  
It is important to note that the extension gives the taxpayer more time to file but does not extend the due date to pay any tax balances. For this reason, it is recommended to make a payment with an extension separate for the federal and state to avoid any balances owed when the return is filed.

4.) Where can I find the status of my refund?

You can get your refund status here.

5.) What are your business hours?

Our business hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. We will generally do our best to work in the evenings or weekends to accommodate our clients’ schedules on an as needed basis. All office visits are by appointment only.